The Round, a place to celebrate, entertain, create and connect.
Council is proud to announce that construction of Whitehorse’s new performing arts centre, The Round, is complete.
Our first shows in the venue have been a great success, and we held our official Opening Night concert and celebration on Friday 13 October.
This $78m project represents a significant step forward in the City of Whitehorse’s artistic evolution. It is also the new cornerstone of Council’s commitment to provide for a creative community that is vibrant, diverse and engaged through our arts, culture and heritage.
- The Round opens with a bang!
- A new era of performing arts in Whitehorse has begun with The Round officially open and unveiled to the community.
- More than 550 people packed out the venue’s theatre for the Opening Night concert on Friday 13 October, headlined and hosted by Gary Pinto and Lucy Durack.
- Following music from Kutcha Edwards and a Welcome to Country, Mayor Mark Lane was joined on stage by his fellow councillors to unveil a plaque and officially open the venue.
- Along with the opening night concert, The Round staged a diverse range of events in its first month. They included the Seniors Positive Ageing Expo, the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Awards, a Midweek Matinee, the Whitehorse Business Group Awards and the launch of a new Cabaret season.
- Spring Festival was a community highlight with performances, stalls and activations taking over The Round.
- The venue also hosted its first musical theatre production, with Nova Music Theatre staging its production of Cinderella over two weekends. Whitehorse Primary School and Antonio Park Primary School were the first to use The Round for their school productions.
- Big names are continuing to visit The Round for performances this month including Daryl Braithwaite, Geraldine Quinn and Zoy Frangos.